We are what we consume, which is why it is essential to instil a healthy eating habits in children from an early age. While children frequently dislike healthy alternatives, it is the responsibility of parents to skillfully encourage them to consume all nutritious food without jeopardising their palate. Mentioned below Here are a few healthy lunch box recipes for kids that you could try at home to encourage a healthier lifestyle in your children.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN PACKING SCHOOL LUNCHES FOR CHILDREN
Packing a tiffin box could be a lot of fun once you get a hold of it. A few schools provide tiffin boxes at school. However, if you enjoy packing lunches for your children, you should read this article. Although there are numerous suggestions on the internet, you should maintain it simple and pack only foods that your children enjoy eating.
- Never try anything new - Even if you could be inventive to a certain extent, don't introduce any new foods that they haven't tried previously. Because there is a chance that children will not prefer to consume them.
- Maintain a vegetarian diet - You could include an egg in your child's lunch box. However, do not ever pack non-vegetarian or poultry foods. Because it could result in food poisoning or a foul smell while unboxing the packed lunch.
- Always taste your food before packing it. Check that the foods are appropriately seasoned and have the proper uniformity.
- Pack a nutritious meal.
IDEAS FOR KID'S FOOD
Mentioned below are some easy and quick-to-make lunch box recipes for kids:
To prepare this nutritious lunch box recipe,
- Saute four tablespoons of peanuts, curry leaves, and mustard seeds in oil
- Then incorporate half capsicum, half chopped onion, and half carrot.
- Cook for two mins covered, then incorporate one teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt.
- Stir thoroughly, then cook for forty secs.
- Incorporate one bowl of soaked flattened rice and cook for forty secs.
- Sprinkle with leaves of coriander and drizzle using ghee.
2. Sandwich With Cucumber-
- Take two slices of whole grain bread and layer one slice with tomato sauce, melted butter and mayonnaise.
- Next, arrange carrot, tomato, and cucumber slices on that slice.
- Season with pepper, salt, oregano, and chilli flakes, then top with the other slice of bread. Bake it in a sandwich maker or end up serving it raw.
3. Turmeric And Ajwain Paratha
- Make a soft dough using one tablespoon of ajwain, one bowl of flour, one teaspoon of turmeric powder, salt and some powdered red chilli.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and dry flour then start cooking on a tava with ghee or oil.
- This delicious paratha goes well with yoghurt and perhaps even pickles for an afternoon meal.
4. Roti Roll
- Reheat unused roti with butter or ghee on a Tava.
- Meanwhile, combine half onion, two bowls of scrambled paneer, salt, chilli flakes, pepper, leaves of coriander, and lemon juice.
- Cook the combination in a pan for two mins and then put it in the middle of the roti and roll it up. Serve immediately.
- Incorporate two teaspoons of oil in a pan, along with six to seven curry leaves, and one teaspoon of mustard seeds and let them sputter.
- Then incorporate, four tablespoons of peanuts and cook for fifty secs.
- Then incorporate half chopped carrot, half chopped onion, and half chopped capsicum.
- Cook for approximately two mins with the pan covered.
- Incorporate half a bowl of semolina or sooji, combine, and cook for three to four mins.
- Mix in the black pepper, salt, and lemon juice until well combined.
- After that, incorporate one bowl of water and cook until the water is soaked up.
- Sprinkle some fresh leaves of coriander on top and serve.
PACKING A LUNCH BOX
- Always cook your meals ahead of time. Even if you do not have excess time, you could do some meal preparation.
- Make sure to pack in environmentally friendly containers. We would suggest a lunch box made of stainless steel.
- While packing, ensure that the meal is fresh.
- Fresh fruits, veggies, carbohydrates, nutrition, and protein, should all be included in the meals.
- Soups and pasta could be packed in thermos containers to keep their consistency and keep the food warm and fresh.
- Ensure that the water has been simmered and cooled, or utilise filtered water
- Foods that could melt or switch consistency should be prevented.
Kids, as well as adults, need to have meals at the correct time. Therefore it is very important to pack lunch boxes every day when they go to school so that they can have their meal on time. Having meal on time has a great positive effect on the health of your child. Prepare kid's recipes and let your child enjoy their meal on time.