Welcome to Reckitt's Global Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice"). We are committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to all of our brands globally and explains how we collect, use, disclose and protect your Personal Information and respect any rights you benefit from under your local law. In this Privacy Notice "we", "us" and "our" refers to all the companies of the Reckitt group. As this Privacy Notice applies globally, there may be differences in how we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information from country to country, in which case we will inform you about any specific processing activities that take place in your country. Your Personal Information is controlled by Reckitt Benckiser (India) Private Limited as regards this website, Reckitt Benckiser (India) Private Limited is the data controller. For more information about us, our local companies, our brands and our presence in your jurisdiction, please visit www.reckitt.com.
Scope of our Privacy Notice
Our Privacy Notice applies to all Personal Information we collect, use, share or otherwise process through our business activities, both online and offline, which display, link or refer to this Privacy Notice, including:
- our websites;
- our official social media pages;
- our e-mails;
- our apps;
- our online and offline campaigns; and
- your conversations or correspondence with our representatives.
Throughout this document, we will refer to our online activities as "Sites" and to our offline activities as "Services".
You should be aware of the fact that our Sites may contain hyperlinks to third party websites, apps, etc. which are not controlled by us and which are not covered by this Privacy Notice. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these third party websites, apps, etc. As these third parties may collect your Personal Information, we suggest that you consult the privacy policies of these third parties to learn more about their use of your Personal Information.
Any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under any applicable law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as Sensitive Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy.
Fair and lawful processing
How do we obtain your Personal Information?
Personal Information obtained from you directly
Firstly, we may obtain your Personal Information from you directly, e.g. when you sign up for our newsletters, register on our Sites, buy a product from us, fill out a survey, make a comment or enquiry, post something on our social media pages, subscribe to direct marketing etc.
Personal Information collected this way may include:
- e-mail address;
- user name;
- telephone number (and recordings when you call our consumer line);
- credit card or other payment information;
- date of birth;
- product purchase and usage information;
- household information;
- information, feedback or content you provide regarding your marketing preferences;
- user-generated content, posts and other content you submit to our Sites;
- in limited circumstances, information about your family or other individuals that you have provided to us. In such cases, we assume that you have the authority to share any personal information your provide to us about them;
- in limited circumstances based on your explicit consent or for carrying out our legal obligations or if necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, Sensitive Personal Information such as information relating to your image, health (including information related to product usage and medical history), sexual life (and related behavior) and biometrics collected during volunteer consumer research studies (such as facial expression recognition, heart rate and skin condition);
- demographic information; or
- any other Personal Information you voluntarily provide us with directly.
Personal Information collected automatically
Personal Information collected this way may include:
- information about your (mobile) device or your type of browser;
- information about the way you use our websites, such as details of the web pages you have viewed, the banners and the hyperlinks you have clicked, etc.;
- whether you have opened e-mails sent by us to you;
- the websites you have visited before arriving at one of our websites;
- your IP address;
- the hyperlinks you have clicked;
- your user name, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using third party sites (such as when you use the “Like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+);
- your MAC address;
- information you choose to share by using social media tools incorporated in our websites or using your social media log-in details to access certain RB product sites or applications; and
- information you share with us about your location. Where we are required to do so by local law, we will only use that information where you have agreed that we can.
Personal Information obtained from other sources
Lastly, we may also collect Personal Information about you from other sources. These other sources may include:
- our trusted business partners;
- social media sites;
- consumer research organisations;
- credit reference agencies;
- intermediaries that facilitate data portability; and
- other members of our group.
Personal Information collected this way may include your interests such as hobbies and pets, consumer and market research data, purchase behavior, publicly observed data or activities such as blogs, videos, internet postings and user generated content.
For which purposes, may we use your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for our following business purposes:
- based on your contract with us, handling and managing your purchase, for instance to communicate to you with respect to your purchase, to process your payments, to deliver the purchased products and services, and to offer you the necessary customer service;
- allowing you to participate in promotions, contests, surveys and polls;
- allowing you to share information and ideas on our social media pages, forums, blogs and other communication channels, to participate in social sharing and to send messages to a friend through our Sites or the websites of our trusted business partners;
- better understanding your needs in order to provide you with more relevant information, analyzing and evaluating our corporate activities, testing, developing and evaluating new products and improving our existing products and services, conducting market research and audits, identifying user trends and examining the degree of effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and degree of satisfaction of our customers;
- telling you about our products and services, and sending you promotional materials (such as announcements relating to new products, promotions, savings programs, joint promotions and other programs) relating to our brands and those of our carefully selected trusted business partners, subject to your consent to such marketing where required by local law;
- managing our Sites, and tune the experience and content of our Sites to your previous activities on our Sites, in view of personalizing your experience when visiting our Sites;
- responding to your requests or enquiries;
- dealing with any product adverse events you report to us;
- administering general record keeping; and
- meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
Your local law may require us to set out in this Privacy Notice the legal grounds on which we rely in order to process your Personal Information. In such cases, our use of your Personal Information is permitted by law because:
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information, services and products to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our business (in each case provided such interests are not overridden by your rights);
- it is necessary for taking steps to enter into a contract with you for the products you purchase, or for carrying out our obligations under such a contract;
- it is required to satisfy any legal or regulatory obligations that we are subject to; and
- in limited circumstances and if required by local law, you have agreed to us processing your Personal Information, such as when you opt in to marketing, or processing with your explicit consent in the case of Sensitive Personal Information, such as health information.
We may create anonymous data records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyse our products and services. We reserve the right to use such anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties, including but not limited to our research partners, in our sole discretion.
To whom we may disclose your Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be shared between the different companies and brands of our group, for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. As we have stated above, this Privacy Notice applies to all these companies’ and brands’ use of your Personal Information. For more information about us, our companies, our brands and our presence in your jurisdiction, please visit www.rb.com.
Third party service providers
We may share your Personal Information with trusted third party service providers who work on our behalf, such as marketing agencies, market research companies, e-commerce fulfilment partners, software, data hosting and other IT service providers, merchants selling RB products, call centres, payment processors, etc. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by us or otherwise in accordance with our instructions.
Other trusted third parties
We may also share your Personal Information with other trusted third parties, such as our business partners, advertisers (where we are permitted to do so) and data exchanges, so that we can offer you tailored content, including more relevant advertising for products and services which may be of interest to you. These third parties may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and similar tracking technologies on your device in order to deliver customized content and advertising to you when you visit RB websites.
If another company acquires (part of) our company, business, or our assets, that company may acquire all or part of the Personal Information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Notice. In the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, your Personal Information may also be transferred as a business asset, subject of applicable law.
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary for our legitimate interest or prudent in light of our obligations under applicable law:
- in connection with any legal investigation;
- to comply with relevant laws or to respond to court our authority orders, subpoenas or warrants served on us;
- to protect or defend our rights in legal procedures; or
How we protect your Personal Information
We will only retain your Personal Information as long as reasonably required for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice or otherwise to comply with legal or regulatory requirements applicable to us.
When your Personal Information is processed:
- for the performance of your contract with us, we retain your Personal Information for a period of 7 years following completion of a contractual order;
- for meeting, legal and regulatory requirements, we retain your Personal Information as it is set out by the applicable law; and
- In all other cases, we process your Personal Information, depending on the type, for up to 2 years from the date of our last interaction with you.
Your choices regarding direct marketing
We may periodically send you free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our products and services which we believe are useful for you, if you have consented (opted-in) to receive such messages via e-mail or any other electronic channel (where such opt-in is required under your local law).
If you do not wish to receive such communications anymore, you will always have the opportunity to "opt out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each of our direct marketing e-mails or by contacting us directly (please see our contact information at “how to contact us” below).
Where permitted under applicable law, we may send you service messages identifying any updates to our Privacy Notice (even where you have opted out of receiving marketing messages from us).
Depending on your location, you may have various rights in relation to your Personal Information. In particular, you may have the right to:
- request a copy of Personal Information we hold about you;
- ask that we restrict the way in which we use your Personal Information;
- ask that we update the Personal Information we hold about you, or correct any Personal Information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you (the “right to be forgotten”);
- withdraw consent at any time for the future to our processing of your Personal Information (to the extent such processing is based on consent);
- object to our processing of your Personal Information (including for direct marketing purposes); or
- request your personal data be transferred to you or another data controller (the “data portability” right).
In addition, in certain circumstances we may process your personal data through automated decision-making, including profiling. This may include segmenting and tailoring the data to enable us to match our communication and products to your perceived needs. In the case we process your Personal Information through automated decision-making, we will inform you about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you. Depending on your location, you may be able to request not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if they apply to you, please click here to complete and submit an online request form. Alternatively, you can get in touch using the details set out at “how to contact us” below.
How long we retain your Personal Information
Transfers to other countries
How to contact us
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments, questions or complaints regarding this Privacy Notice or our processing of your Personal Information, or would like to exercise any of the rights set out at “your rights” above that are applicable in your location, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to dataprivacy.India@reckitt.com
RB India Privacy Office (Legal Department)
Reckitt Benckiser (India) Pvt. Ltd.,
DLF Cyber Park, 6th & 7th Floor (Tower C), 405 B,
Udyog Vihar Phase III,
Sector 20, Gurugram-122016